The Ridges was carefully planned as a warm, inviting place with friendly neighborhoods fostering a sense of togetherness. The beauty of nature has been preserved as well: more than half of The Ridges will be conservation and green areas.
The Ridges in Weston is a private 24-hour gated community that provides spectacular views and an array of amenities and facilities for your enjoyment, including:
- On-site management
- Large communal family pool, Aquatic Feature and Kiddie Pool
- Extensive deck area with Tiki Huts
- Full size Basketball courts
- Soccer Field
- Children’s Playground
- On-site Broward Sheriff Officer
- Two 24-hour Guard Gated Secure Entranceways
- Roving guards
- Community Parks, with picnic areas & BBQ grills
- Scheduled Events/Classes/ Activities for Children and Adults
- Miles of walking trails
The Ridges community offers residents two manned gatehouses that welcome you to the neighborhood. Once inside, you are within a private enclave of lushly landscaped streets and private lakes. Residents of The Ridges enjoy the use of the wonderful community amenities which include: a recently renovated clubhouse, a lakeside swimming pool, basketball court, a playground, miles of walking trails and plenty of picnic areas and barbecue grills.
Residents of The Ridges rave about the community’s proximity to the surrounding excellent school system. The children who reside here are within an easy walk or bike ride to the highly rated elementary, middle and high schools. We believe our gated community provides a sense of relaxation, belonging, friendliness, and safety that is second to none.
Weston has the distinction of having:
- A-rated public schools and excellent private schools;
- Outstanding public safety and the lowest crime rate per capita in the County;
- Fourteen meticulously maintained park and recreational facilities which play host to cultural and community events and tens of thousands of registrants in organized sports leagues;
- A Community Center which offers a variety of year-round enrichment classes and programming for all ages and interests, and a family YMCA within the City’s regional park;
- The lowest combined property taxes, municipal taxes and fees in the County;
- The lowest millage rate in the County;
- The lowest ratio of employees per 1000 population in the County;
- AAA credit ratings
- Visually distinctive, Weston’s extensive landscaping is without dispute one of the City’s greatest assets: rows of prestigious Royal Palms and city entry signs surrounded by lush foliage, which also lines the berms, medians and rights-of-ways throughout the city.
Weston encompasses a diverse corporate and retail climate that includes Fortune 500 companies, owner-operated retail establishments, restaurants, warehouses and a range of other businesses. World-class healthcare is provided by the Cleveland Clinic Florida, Broward Health Weston and the Miami Children’s Hospital Dan Marino Center. Restaurants and clubs, from casual to chic, and the beautiful Mediterranean styled Town Center downtown shopping and office complex, provide residents and visitors with an array of culinary, nightlife and shopping experiences. Weston is also home to five nationally recognized hotels and resorts offering accommodations for every need. The natural environment that surrounds and is encompassed within Weston is as unique as its lifestyle. Weston borders the Florida Everglades and the City maintains over 1,460 acres of wetland preserves, supporting a diverse ecological population.
Weston also offers a supportive social infrastructure — a vital benefit to the comfort and happiness of our residents. City staff, contract and volunteer partners are continuously working to deliver quality services in every area that our residents deserve in return for their investment in Weston.